Saturday, 19 January 2013

Snow Day Dilemma

Well hello there you!

As most of you will know, we had quite a bit of snow in the South West yesterday...
(Didn't Sherborne look pretty?)

And today, whilst we haven't had any more snow fall, what we had yesterday is showing no signs of melting.  So, I am going to stay in and make stuff! Sounds like a plan, but what is she going to make, I hear you say...

A snow day, might just turn out to be the perfect day for knitting some more of my Caramel Cardigan...


Or perhaps do some more of my Tulip Cardigan...


Or maybe even crochet some more of my triangle shawl, using up all the waste 4ply yarn that I have hanging around the house...


Then of course, there is the Granny-a-Day project that needs constant attention... that even has it's own page!!

And so the list goes on...

The problem is whilst a snow day is obviously the perfect crafting day - its cold out, warm in the house, the woodburner is blazing, the kettle is on and my yarn mountain is calling to me, my biggest issue is where to start, I imagine an idyllic picture of myself curled up my the fire, mug of steaming coffee at my side, perfectly creating a woolly masterpiece, but I don't know where to start! Instead, I spend half the morning, washing up, putting clean clothes away, filling the washing machine, getting coal in from the shed, and so on, so now at almost lunch time I am faced with the possibility that I have frittered away my perfect crafting day on housework and internet surfing instead of actual crafting! Aaarrghhhh...

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I always do the chores first otherwise they just never get done! Tomorrow, when I am teaching is the perfect excuse for NOT doing any chores & I even put my husband on cooking duties so I can crochet in the evenings with the excuse of "I have to prepare for their next lesson!!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Well done you! I can't relax if I know washing up needs doing! Sad really, but I do a lot of my craft in the kitchen at the moment, as that is where the wood burner is, and from my chair I can see the sink! xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.......

beep.....