Saturday, 13 July 2013

Patchwork Pride

Well, episode two of my sewing journey saw me returning to Butterfly Bright
For the beginners Patchwork Cushion Workshop! I didn't honestly think I was ready, but Ali assured me I was. 
I chose some fabric that I have had my eye on for a while, a lovely green background with yellow, white and red ditsy flower print from Riley Blake, to contrast I chose red with white mini polka dots from Makower! 

I followed Ali's strict instructions, cut the pieces into 4.5inch squares and arranged them into my desired pattern. The sewing together was simpler than I thought, although I wasn't warned about the ironing part!! (I do not believe in ironing!!) The way the cushion came together was magical, a journey into the mystical world of patchwork, turning it the right way and then filling with the real feather cushions pads completed a brilliant evening...

What will I make next????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.......

beep.....