Thursday, 11 July 2013

Sew Sew Sew

Well what a brilliant day!
Today was the day I got over my fear and unwrapped my new sewing machine and did some serious sewing!!!
 

Firstly I would like to thank the amazing Ali from Butterfly Bright


www.butterflybright.com for her patience and determination to get me sewing. I took my machine into work this morning and prepared myself for epic failure, but what took place proved rather enlighening. Myself and my fellow trainee Mrs D first got to grips with threading the cotton and preparing the bobbin, once the machines were ready we chose some fabric and had a play with the different settings on our machines. When we were confident (?) with the concept of sewing straight lines and in a circle (harder than it sounds), we move onto making the project of the day - a pin cushion
Fabric chosen 
        
Fabric cut 
Sew pretty design
        
place both pieces right side facing and sew around 3.5 sides

stuff the middle  + sew up the side
Ta da!
To say I was proud was an understatement, I took my machine home and dually repeated the process as requested by my four year old to produce another 'Dolly Pillow'.

See tomorrow's to see what I did next with my sewing machine...
Clue - it involves patchwork!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.......

beep.....