Sunday, 6 July 2014

Lace knitting - taking the plunge...

I have skirted around the idea of lace knitting for a while, and some of you may remember the cardigan I knitted that won star knit in Yarnwise magazine last year,
but I have shied away from a full on lace shawl despite numerous hours lost drooling over the patterns on Ravely!

Until now...

A free pattern by the wonderful Heidi Alander, from Finland. A talented knitting designer who very generously offers many of her patterns for free on Ravelry.

This one is called Eyeblink, and I think you will agree, it looks rather beautiful!

Photos by Tiina Rammo from Ravelry
I am going to be using some left over yarn that I have squirrelled away in a heathery purple colour. I can't even tell you what brand it is (the label and yarn have parted company) but I can tell you it is lovely!

This will be my first attempt at following a charted lace pattern, and to be honest I am more than a little apprehensive...


I am anticipating many questions to my fellow knitters on the beginners lace forums but I am sure this one is do-able!?!

Perfect for a thundery Sunday afternoon, curled up on the sofa watching re-runs of Midsomer Murders!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.......

beep.....